[alt-photo] Re: printer weirdness

Joseph Smigiel smieglitz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 01:38:43 GMT 2011

Thanks everyone for the information and tips.  I did set the
Colormunki preferences to v.2 and that eliminated the blue surround
problem.  However, no matter what I do, the profiled result has too
much contrast and is very yellow compared to the screen.

Going back to letting the 4900 printer manage the color, I was able
to tweak the settings in the print driver and achieve a pretty close
match to the screen within three tries.  FWIW, my correction was:

+5 Brightness
-10 Contrast
0 Saturation
+8 Cyan
+8 Magenta
-2 Yellow

I'm still at a loss as to why the profiling isn't working.

Thanks again.

Joe