[alt-photo] Re: No more scanning at Walmart

jason at lucidperceptions.com jason at lucidperceptions.com
Tue Apr 3 17:02:32 GMT 2012

I've told my students to avoid Wal-mart for several years for photo
processing - but rather than because of poor equipment, I've told them to
avoid them because of their processing agreement you have to sign.

If you read the fine print on any film processing form through Wal-mart,
they reserve the right to save your work and reprint it for any purpose -
even commercial use.  Their form also says that they retain the
photographical rights to your work and that if your work looks "too
professional" that they reserve the right to refuse to serve you as a
customer.

Granted, I can't reference any photographers I know who have had their
work stolen by Wal-mart, but any film processing form with that sort of
fine print is one to avoid.

J. Jason Lazarus
Adjunct Instructor
University of Alaska - Fairbanks