[alt-photo] Re: No more scanning at Walmart

Eric Neilsen ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 3 16:44:29 GMT 2012

It could very well have been a worn out cutter and when the film was
sleeved, it got the scratch marks in it. There is a pro photo lab not too
far from my studio. Years back I had a customer that shot film and had them
process it proof and bring it to me for prints. ALL his film had fine
scratches because their cutter left very small particles on the cut edge.
When they were placed into the pages, the bit would come off and get wedge
into the sleeve and scratch the film. It took me a while to show not only my
customer but the lab what was going on. Always had to print his film in my
diffusion enlarger.

Eric Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226