[alt-photo] Re: Travelling to NY

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 13 13:11:44 GMT 2012

Hey Bruce

Not a New Yorker here, and this isn't alt work-- but one of my very
favorite galleries is the Neue Galerie http://www.neuegalerie.org/home
on the upper east side.  It's small, on a few floors-- shows mostly
20th c German and some Austrian art.  I never miss going there if I'm
in NY, and I'm never ever disappointed.  Again, nothing to do with alt
photography, but I think you'd really find it intriguing and
inspiring. (And it has a really nice little cafe, too.) ;)

I think someone else probably mentioned the Center for Alternative
Photography.  http://capworkshops.org/category/workshops/  Don't know
if they have a gallery, but they do offer really good workshops and
lectures, so you might find a weekend workshop or maybe a  lecture to
attend while you're there.

And the Bruce Silverstein Gallery in Chelsea has some great
photography exhibits and artists they represent, in my opinion.  No
alt that I know of-- but certainly worth a visit to see what they do
have, I've never been disappointed there, either.  http://www.brucesilverstein.com/

~Diana