[alt-photo] Re: film substrate

Greg Mikol greg.mikol at ieee.org
Thu Apr 19 06:09:13 GMT 2012

> On 4/18/2012 11:55 AM, Globe Trotteur wrote:
>> with my silver process, i use costco glossy paper. i would like to
>> try a film substrate instead for less opacity. i know of pictorico
>> but it is expensive. What are the alternatives in the
>> US?ThanksPierre  _______________________________________________
> Pierrre,
>
> Freestyle Photo has a comparable product that is less expensive.
>
> Don Bryant

You know...everybody says this, but it's basically a wash.

Right now, Arista II film is $20 for 20 sheets 8.5x11.
Pictorico Premium (TPU-100) is $17.50 at B&H for 20 sheets.
Pictorico Ultra (TPS-100) is $22.

But I've never had any problems getting enough density using the
Pictorico Premium, so for me, the pictorico is cheaper than the Arista OHP.

--Greg