[alt-photo] Re: Clearprint Vellum 1020 vs 1000H

Peter Blackburn blackburnap at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 17:35:07 GMT 2012

Yes, you're right, Kerik. After looking a prices again from different sources, vellum and other typical art papers are competitive price-wise—that's good. Maybe it was the brand of vellum I used for negatives, but sometimes handling them with damp hands, as is sometimes the case in my workflow, made the edges warp profoundly. #1 wouldn't be an issue for me as I don't print pt/pd—love looking at it, though! #2 would get on my nerves which is why I print on 300lb paper for gallery work. Dry mounting? I'd wear garlic, hang mirrors, and display crosses—anything to ward off the dry mounting press! Just a little humor.    I most likely will try a tricolor gum image or tow on heavy vellum in the near future for the experience. Thanks, Kerik, for your time and response!

Peter