[alt-photo] Re: paper and cyanotype

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Mon Feb 20 18:31:00 GMT 2012

Conditions are stable this testing. But I cannot say my tests in 2003 were stable, hence all new material. For one, I don't remember humidifying back then. If dry is what I want, I have it in spades. But I find that at school where it is very difficult to be consistent and make students consistent, exposures were all over the board with cyanotype with Weston the fastest and FAEW blown out highlights even with I think 30 minutes. And that was after they had all developed custom curves for the papers! So I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that cyanotype requires utmost consistency to get predictable results.

I am just seriously surprised that I am getting an exposure under 4 minutes for cyanotype on any paper. And that is traditional not even mixed 2:1.
Chris