[alt-photo] Re: Subject: Re: paper and cyanotype

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Fri Feb 24 07:19:37 GMT 2012

Dear Christina,

Could be that the particular batch you had wasn't fresh (can explain
the staining on Buxton?), plus, maybe it contains a little more
dichromate than the barely minimum (can explain the slow speed). It's
best to mix it yourself, it's not that hard; just be sure to let the
solution crystallize well (at room temperature) and filter it
thoroughly (I use two layers of coffee filters).

Try the oxalic acid anyway, may work for you. There are a lot of
people who are working with it w/o issues... (Not everybody is fond of
/ willing to work with HCl!)

Regards,
Loris.