[alt-photo] Re: Gum over cyanotype question

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 27 20:26:48 GMT 2012

Yeah, I agree about the dichromate, but I also agree with Henry about
too much sizing-- just use the sizing in the paper--  Early on,
whenever I got flaking, it was because of too much pigment, though.
Don't know much about a cyanotype base as I never use it, but why not
just try a pigment for the cyan layer (to fix the cyanotype fading
problem).  I've never understood using a cyanotype base for gum--
doesn't it offer too intense a blue for the other layers (?).