[alt-photo] Re: Gum over cyanotype question

Loris Medici mail at loris.medici.name
Mon Feb 27 21:23:02 GMT 2012

Hi Diana,

I guess it depends on your style / vision. You know Sam's, Christina's
gum over cyanotypes. (And many many others, too many to name
actually... But let me provide links to Mary's (Donato) two great
galleries consisting gum over cyanotypes below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gneissgirl/sets/72157625385627481/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gneissgirl/sets/72157627475086223/

I see nothing too blue in those prints... Great color, great stuff!
People do very nice work using this technique, definitely...

Notice she works on FA. As Christina pointed out lately; maybe this
paper isn't the best choice for straight cyanotypes, but it works very
nice for tricolor gum over cyanotypes... (Probably because of the less
intense nature of cyanotype on that particular paper; but I'm sure one
can make cyanotype and gum layers work well together with other papers
too...)

Regards,
Loris.

27 Şubat 2012 22:26 tarihinde Diana Bloomfield