[alt-photo] Re: scanning negatives (negative carrier)

Ryuji Suzuki rs at silvergrain.org
Mon Jan 9 20:58:15 GMT 2012

So I did google search to pick up some name, but unfortunately this leads to
more questions.

Kami (Aztek)
Lumina
Prazio

Are there any other good products to consider?

What are they made from? Is one better than others?

Cellulose triacetate film base contains stabilizer and plasticizer to slow down
the decomposition ("vinegar syndrome") but is there a solid study that these
solutions do not remove any of these additives?

I happen to have V700 without the fluid mounting platform. Is there a way to buy
just that attachment, or is there a better alternative?

I'll also try AN glass, compare and report back. If it's easy enough to do wet
mount, I guess there should be slight increase in readable Dmax as the fluid
reduces scattering.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." (Miles Davis)