[alt-photo] Re: scanning negatives (negative carrier)

clay at clayharmon.com clay at clayharmon.com
Mon Jan 9 21:28:50 GMT 2012

I use the Kami solution for mounting negatives on my drum scanner, and it is very easy to use. It is in a very volatile base, so cleanup amounts to taking the mylar off the drum and letting the negatives ‘dry’ off in just a few seconds. I’m guessing it made of some sort of naptha-like solution.  I have not noticed any preservation issues with the Kami fluid, but I only have about three year’s worth of experience.

Clay