[alt-photo] Re: scanning negatives (negative carrier)

Nelson Mark ender100 at aol.com
Mon Jan 9 23:08:29 GMT 2012

Don's suggestion of scanning a transmission steptablet is a good one.  Scanner manufacturers go through all sorts of unreal math to arrive at their "dynamic range" for there scanners.  Like adding 3 color channels together.  It's usually hype, regardless of the company.  I tested mine years ago by scanning a step tablet and found what it was really capable of.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Welcome to the Precision Digital Negatives Home!
PDNPrint : Precision Digital Negatives Forum
Mark I. Nelson Photography - Welcome