[alt-photo] Re: Anyone using sodium citrate as DOP pt/pd developer?

BOB KISS bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Wed Jan 11 12:57:41 GMT 2012

DEAR LORIS,
	From my perspective (having to ship chems to Barbados) I always look
for ways to find or mix things locally.  Further, considering how simple it
is to make Pot Ox, I am amazed at how expensive it is from the Alt
suppliers.  E.G. 1 Kg costs $39 US!?!?!?  Throw on top of that shipping,
duty and VAT and it gets exorbitant.
	From a local chem supplier I bought 25kg bags of both Ox Acid and
Pot Carbonate...total price less than $200 US...less than 5 times for ONE kg
of Pot Ox.     It is extremely simple to mix!  The only proviso is to use a
large mixing beaker because it effervesces (bubbles) as well as produces a
little heat.  As long as you do it gradually it is VERY easy.  With those
two bags, I could supply a university alt chem course for decades.  I only
hope I live long enough to put a dent in this supply!  ;-))
	Lastly, I LOVE the warm tone and I haven't noticed any more grain
with Pot Ox (with my papers) than I have with Sod Cit.
	CHEERS FROM BARBADOS!
			BOB