[alt-photo] Re: Dmax for silver paper

Le Globe Trotteur unglobetrotteur at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 14 15:01:52 GMT 2012

Ok, now I am very confused. Should I use my flat dryer or throw it away?
I also have another ferrotype dryer that is a drum but it's all manual. No
motor. My father in law found it in a dumpster. I have no idea on how to use
it. There's canvas all around the drurm. It also has a heat setting.

Let's see if I can summarize.
Put my fiber glossy print in photo flo. Do not squeegee it.
Lay it flat and wet onto a cold flat ferrotype dryer. Squeegee it.
Close the canvas (or maybe not). Turn on the heat and wait for the print to
pop.

I will also use a chrome polish to clean up my ferrotype.

Now Etienne suggested to lay it flat on a piece of glass. Would a piece of
glass from a frame work? or does it have to be special glass?

Thanks.
Pierre