[alt-photo] Re: sizing options for color gum

Peter Blackburn blackburnap at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 18:14:47 GMT 2012

It seems the only thing that changes about Fabriano is
the price. It's gone up again.

But Fabriano is not the only AKD paper. Cartiera Magnani
Acquerello is also an AKD paper and

performs much the same as Fabriano. It just doesn't come
in a soft press finish. Strathmore

Imperial performs the same, but it only comes in cold
press. Canson Montval and Bockingford

are pretty decent AKD papers, but they suffer from not
being 100% cotton. Buxton and Twinrockerare also good AKD papers, but you probably need to take out a second mortgage to use themregularly.

It's so very amazing how we all have different experiences
here. My Fab. paper does shrink a bit—

enough so, that it messes up my registration. So
preshrinking is always a part of my

routine. Oh well . . . the printing and paper gods act in
strange ways.
Peter J. Blackburn