[alt-photo] Re: cameras - was Re: sizing options for color gum

Diana Bloomfield dhbloomfield at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 18 20:13:03 GMT 2012

Hey Gord,

I mostly use 4x5, though I did make a 24x24 pinhole camera out of
black foam-core-- very wide angle-- used Bergger film and contact
printed it.  I loved using film that big, but I needed to make several
cameras that size; otherwise, it was definitely a close-to-home and
one-shot deal.  I also made a 7x17-- really loved that size-- also out
of black foam-core.  I got the film from that guy who made film in odd
sizes, but he no longer sells online, I don't think (can't remember
the name now).  But I mostly use 4x5, mainly because I have 4x5 film
holders, so I can go out with a dozen loaded film holders, and it
makes it worthwhile.  I do typically make my own, but I've also used
Nancy and Eric's superwide 'Leonardo' (from Pinhole Resource), and I
have an old Speed-graphic that I put a pinhole plate on, instead of
the lens.

12x18 sounds like an interesting size film/camera. I like the idea of
large collapsible pinhole cameras, though.  That would be really nice.

Diana