[alt-photo] Re: removing dust off the negatives, physically

Johnny Brian limnidytis at netins.net
Thu Jan 19 16:21:39 GMT 2012

Wiping the negatives with an Ilford Antistaticum cloth really helps, especially this time of year when humidity is low. After wiping the negs, I look under a bright light and use either a small negative brush or canned air to blow off the last bits. I would presume that the cloth must leave some type of residue on the negs, but for me I don't think it affects the scan.
Johnny Brian