[alt-photo] Re: Michael Wesely's work (was reciprocity failure)

Charles Ryberg cryberg at comcast.net
Sat Jan 21 01:17:23 GMT 2012

My three camera test suggestion is based on my assumption that as a straight
pinhole camera the many month exposure just won't work.  Rather than wait
many months to find out, I suggest setting up three identical cameras.  If
the exposure does not work, then the first camera, developed in one week,
will prove it and you can quit the test soon.  If, however, the first camera
gives an underexposed negative (is this possible?) then the test is worth
continuing with cameras two and three--so you haven't wasted a week.

This would also help if you decided to use a filter--in a week you would
know if your filter was way too week.

My cover-all-bases lazy approach.    Charles    Portland Oregon