[alt-photo] Re: Cleaning brushes for Pt/Pd

Don Bryant donsbryant at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 01:58:49 GMT 2012

What Paul said.

-----Original Message-----
From: alt-photo-process-list-bounces at lists.altphotolist.org
Paul Viapiano
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:43 PM
To: The alternative photographic processes mailing list
Subject: [alt-photo] Re: Cleaning brushes for Pt/Pd

If I'm making several prints in the same session, I will rinse with plain
water, and then swish around with distilled water. Shake it out, and then
press gently with a clean cloth on a flat surface. Then I'm ready to go
again...

I should mention that I pre-wet the brush with distilled water before
coating. A dip or two, a press against the rim of the container and a shake
or two...

At the end of a session I *may* run the brush through some HCA solution
after rinsing but before a distilled water final rinse.

Paul