[alt-photo] Re: Cleaning brushes for Pt/Pd

EJ Photo ejnphoto at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 25 13:59:45 GMT 2012

I use the magic foam brushes. I use them through a printing session although
different solution can make the foam brush break down; crumble. The brushes
are rinsed with distilled water after every coating and left properly damp.

The brush size changes based an image size and the brush type may change
based on paper type. 95% +, it's a good old magic foam brush. It works on
most papers with proper pressure.

I see no reason to add anything to the cleaning process of your brush except
water unless you forgot to clean it at the end of a printing session and the
solution crystallized. Hot distilled water and  move on. Not too  hot
through.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9