[alt-photo] Re: Harald Leban /back on "the list"

C.Breukel at lumc.nl C.Breukel at lumc.nl
Fri Jul 6 08:36:42 GMT 2012

Welcome back, Harald !

I for sure remember you! I have been using your ABC+ Pyro formula in the past in a Jobo. I have to admit though that I switched to PyrocatHD later because it gave a much lower B+F in my hands.

I also abandoned PyrocatHD for plain Xtol. My work routine was to process my 8*10 negatives in a Pyro developer so it could both function as a negative for silver gelatin and alt printing such as Pt.

Somehow this did not work as I wanted; it stayed a bit of a compromise. Also developing in Pyro is finicky in my hands, sometimes I got strange streaks etc.

Lately I just process my 8*10 in Xtol, and than sometimes decide I would like to print that image in say Pt I will bleach the negative and re-develop in Pyro. This works quite nice.

I am not into heliogravure (occasionally mainly Pt sometimes gum and wet plate collodion), but I do know that there are practitioners on then list,

Good luck & best,

Cor