[alt-photo] Re: casein history

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 14:50:01 GMT 2012

Peter, It is definitely true that dichromates become chromates at high pH. I had an impression that chromates are more light sensitive then dichromates and that the old recipies had ammonia as one of the components to increase light sensitivity, but I could very well be mistaken. Since my casein solutions contain ammonium carbonate they do bubble happily when mixed with potassium dichromate. Marek