[alt-photo] Re: casein history

Marek Matusz marekmatusz at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 18:31:25 GMT 2012

Interesting two big NO.

I thought that Fresson formula is a closely guarded secret of the family and is not known in a greater photographic community. Is the definite NO from actually knowing the formula or guessing it from old literature?

Even if the original Fresson formula does not contain any casein I am still intrigued by the saw dust development of casein prints as casein likes forced development more then gum does. I use a sprayer bottle with good results. In reality my casein prints contain some gum (so they are technically not pure casein) as I use watercolour pigments, not dry powder pigments.

I just need a break in the rain here to drag my saw and generate some sawdust.

Marek