[alt-photo] PT/PD: TIME BETWEEN COATING AND PRINTING

BOB KISS bobkiss at caribsurf.com
Thu Jun 7 14:01:11 GMT 2012

DEAR LIST,

            My usual procedure which, I believe, confirms to the practice
described in most of the books and other practitioners, is to coat my PT/PD
DOP paper, dry it, re-humidify it and then print immediately.  What
sometimes happens is that my workflow is interrupted and I either expose &
dev the paper later that day or even the next day.

            QUESTIONS:

1)    Have any of you found a significant change in speed, contrast, d-max,
etc from delaying between coating and printing?

2)    Do any of you purposefully and regularly pre-coat paper then use it
the next day or days later?

I remember when I first started I used that pre-made paper (by Sura
Steinberg and her hub) and that must have been at least

weeks old between coating and my printing with it.

            Anywho, any thoughts on this?  Just curious, not critical.

                        CHEERS!

                                    BOB

 Please check my website:  <http://www.bobkiss.com/> http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you are going to
live forever".  Mahatma Gandhi