[alt-photo] Re: casein

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Fri Jun 15 14:10:43 GMT 2012

Alberto,
First of all, my notes on Enos are directly from his writings/notes in the archives in Kentucky. There are about 20 formulas there, from his start of experimentation to his end. During that time he experimented with all different dilutions. BUT these formulas were written first with skim milk/powdered skim milk and then mainly with using casein powder, sodium caseinate, he also found a Protovac caseinate which was made by Borden but is no longer in production, etc. One of these recipes made its way to Theisen and is the one Theisen shares on Unblinkingeye.

Enos, btw, was in direct contact with all these formulas with two men, a Mathena and a Cummings. There is a 2-sheet handout on casein in there from Cummings, and a formula for a milk print as well that I wonder if predates Enos' work.

The 9% volume is based on sodium caseinate mixed in water, and is before combining with ammonium dichromate. But Enos often used dry ammonium dichromate added to the mix so one can't assume he ends up with a 4.5% casein in the final coating mix or not.

Another thing. In Lupo's patent he recommends a final dilution of 6-8% casein.
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com