[alt-photo] Encyclopedic Dictionary of Photography (1856)

Du Boise Kim krd at photoartsimaging.com
Fri Jun 15 16:55:59 GMT 2012

Francesco,

I have an original (1856) copy that I was trying to scan years ago.  Then, I noticed several years back that Google had scanned one from a university library in order to make older texts available to a wider audience...so we did not attempt to continue the project.

In 2008, someone made a reprint of the original volume so Google now shows people where to but it on Amazon.  You may not be able to access the pdf copy that was online any more since it has been monetized.  I tried to find the link for you and found this info.  The good news is that it is not "revised", but published as a reprint of the original, with illustrations, and it is less than $40.

Hope this helps everyone out,

Kim

Kim R. Du Boise, Conservator
PhotoArts Imaging Professionals, LLC