[alt-photo] Re: casein

Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 23 00:38:28 GMT 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christina Anderson" <zphoto at montana.net>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 4:50 PM
Subject: [alt-photo] Re: casein

> Wow. I'm actually referenced!
>
> Thanks for the URL Dan. What's really silly is I went and
> bought this book on abebooks.com along with a couple other
> ones on casein last year. Granted, they were reallly
> cheap. One was $1! And now I see it is free on Google.
> Sheez.
>
> Page 155 gives a lengthy synopsis of casein and
> photography by Otto Buss, It's interesting it is so
> negative, as he took out a patent on casein in 1901, a
> decade earlier. But I also came across a reference saying
> he was never successful with the paper.
>
> Hmm.
>
> Chris

     I've bought a few books that are available on the web
as PDFs because I prefer to have the real thing if I am
going to use the book much. Sometimes the cost of having a
large PDF printed and bound is more than the actual book but
I've also gotten a couple of books from Lulu that were
cheaper and better printed.
     I've also found some texts on Google were not very
scanned; blurred or even missing pages, etc.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
dickburk at ix.netcom.com