[alt-photo] Re: European distributor for Aerosil (fumed silica dioxide)

C.Breukel at lumc.nl C.Breukel at lumc.nl
Thu Mar 1 09:45:52 GMT 2012

Kees,

I found that one too..what I understood is that you have to find out if it is the hydrophilic variant, else you cannot get it into the paper.
There is some info here:

http://bostick-sullivan.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/1257-fumed-silica-compiled-notes-8-25-11/page__hl__%2Bfumed+%2Bsilica__fromsearch__1

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/102240-platinum-printing-use-fumed-silica.html

Do not know if people have used it for Gum, for sure for Pt/Pd printing, with mixed results, the experiences of Robert Hall (see APUG link) are quite positive.

Good luck,

Cor