[alt-photo] Re: Clerc and am fe citrate

Peter Friedrichsen pfriedrichsen at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 5 22:09:29 GMT 2012

Alberto,

I found this description some time ago. It doesn't tell you that the
green and brown forms depend not only on the composition, but also
how the starting chemicals are combined.

(1) Ferric ammonium citrate (iron (III) ammonium citrate, CAS Reg.
No. 1332-98-5) is a complex salt of undetermined structure composed
of 16.5 to 18.5 percent iron, approximately 9 percent ammonia, and 65
percent citric acid and occurs as reddish brown or garnet red scales
or granules or as a brownish-yellowish powder.
From:
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfCFR/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=184.1296

Peter Friedrichsen