[alt-photo] Scanner data for 31 step/CCII?

Johnny Brian limnidytis at netins.net
Sun Mar 11 21:09:30 GMT 2012

Recently I purchased CCII to use to re-calibrate my gum printing. I have a scanner but no densitometer to read the tables for data entry. After reading the documents for CCII, I was uncertain about how to treat the data from a scanned 31 step tables. Should I adjust the black/white points on the scanned image as on the Tonal Palate? I realize that the scanner will produce relative and not absolute values and setting the black/white points expands the data to fit within the available tonal range.
Thanks,
Johnny Brian