[alt-photo] Re: Coating Silver Chloride Paper - Similar to AZO?

Don Bryant donsbryant at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 23:09:10 GMT 2012

Francesco,

Have you tried the Slavich graded papers from Freestyle? A friend in
Wisconsin, who is a very good printer, recommends their products as an
alternative to AZO (he is very familiar with AZO). It's a projection speed
paper but works fine for contact printing. Try some with Ansco 130 developer
and I think you will be quite pleased. The other plus for thes paper is that
it is sold in different grades. I don't know if will respond to split ater
bath development like AZO but it's probably worth a try.

If the rabble on APUG is to be trusted, Slavich rates as a good paper at
reasonable cost. And it ships from the west coast!

Don