[alt-photo] Re: Clerc and am fe citrate

Don Sweet don at sweetlegal.co.nz
Wed Mar 14 19:39:55 GMT 2012

Thanks Peter for that guidance.  I have tried a test:

First I put about a teaspoon of the khaki FAC into about a tablespoon of
water, and it turned a russet colour.  Then I splashed some of the russet
solution on a paper towel (A) and dripped some pot fer solution into that
puddle.  After a night in the dark the centre of the puddle was prussian
blue.

Next I mixed about a quarter of a teaspoon of citric acid into the russet
solution.  After a few hours the solution was a clear apple green colour. I
splashed some of the green solution onto 2 different paper towels and
dripped some pot fer solution into those puddles.  I left one (B) in the sun
and in a few hours it looked just about the same as A, maybe a little closer
to ultramarine.  The other (C) I left in the dark overnight, and in  the
morning it was near enough to cyan in the middle.

Obviously dosing the khaki FAC with citric acid has achieved something, but
I am not sure what that is.

Don Sweet