[alt-photo] Re: Coating Silver Chloride Paper - Similar to AZO?

etienne garbaux photographeur at nerdshack.com
Fri Mar 16 14:34:06 GMT 2012

Ian wrote:

>some claim that very precise temperature control (0.1 C) is necessary,
>factory-scale operations do not typically operate with such accuracy -
>timing, concentration and flow rate of additions are the keys to
>consistency.

Commercial operations test the emulsion at several stages of the
process, and adjust later steps (generally, the ripening) to get
consistent results.  Absent this feedback loop (which I presume is
the case with home emulsion-makers), you do need very accurate
temperature control (as well as accurate control of timing,
concentration, and flow rate of additions) to get consistent results.

Best regards,

etienne