[alt-photo] Re: gum workshop

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Sat Mar 31 14:12:48 GMT 2012

Hi Alan,
I am glad you got to work with Mark closely on PDN!
LOL, Photographer's Formulary...south....LOL. Can't get too much more north than they are :)
I will be bringing casein along to have the students work with for half a day. Who knows, there might be some who prefer its tenacity! The first time I shared casein one of my students did a tricolor in an hour because of short exposure and development times, so it does have its benefits.
One of the things I will be testing over summer is using the original formulas made from milk and ammonia and then comparing to the premixed casein and the powdered stuff. I would like to avoid ammonia fumes if there is no reason to use the original way. As always, user-friendly is my point.
Chris
Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com