[alt-photo] Re: ziatype

Christina Anderson zphoto at montana.net
Tue May 1 00:15:40 GMT 2012

Thanks, Joe and Loris and others offlist,

I was able to locate the ziatype manual from another listee. Good to know the name isn't a big issue, just one of those "dustups" that the list is known to participate in.

I had a chapter on it in my alt cond. book and in working on the revision of that, I was just really wanting to know if I should keep that chapter in and revise it, but after reading up and all over on the process I realize it is still quite intriguing. It may even be intriguing enough to replace pt/pd in my alt course with it, insofar as it is cheaper, and POP.

It seems the fumed silica is another "hygroscopic" ingredient as is the lithium pd and the cesium pd, all serving to keep moisture in the layer to make a DOP more POP is what I gather from my reading.

I have some AFO here that I've had a few years. Funny, it is packaged in a semi-opaque plastic container...guess it is not that light sensitive...
Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
christinaZanderson.com