[alt-photo] Re: Collodion POP/ Collodio-Chloride/ Collodion Aristotype Paper - Instructions, Books, Resources?

Francesco Fragomeni fdfragomeni at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:57:22 GMT 2012

Clarence,

Thanks for the response and the information. Ideally, Ron's formula would
be my first interest as I'm particularly interested in a contact speed
develop-out process. My current location and resources would likely make
working with gelatin more difficult then I'd like to deal with, hence my
interest in trying this formula with collodion as a substitute for the
gelatin. I may still give it a go to see if collodion can be used as a
viable substitute. If it don't yield anything then I'll put it out of my
mind.

Regarding Collodio-Chloride POP (Aristotype), it would be my ideal backup
to the contact speed formula. My one question, which I just sent out a
message about a little while ago, is the use of Strontium-Chloride in
Collodio-Chloride POP rather then Sodium-Chloride. I'm curious as to why
this particular chloride is used over Sodium-Chloride which is most common
in most other common salted paper formulas including Albumen and gelatin.

All in all, my interests in substitutes is intended to make things easier
on me but I think in that effort I may just be overcomplicating things.
I'll probably try a few things but if they quickly prove useless I'll just
stick to the proven methods.

-Francesco