[alt-photo] Re: Alt-process show @ SPE in MS & Sandy

Peter Blackburn blackburnap at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 19:13:57 GMT 2012

Hello Kim:
All I can say is that I'm am just overwhelmed by your glowing comments, and so pleased that you enjoyed the show. I, for one, am so proud of our group. It is truly touching to receive such a warm review from you, Kim. I'm so glad you were able to attend and meet those from our group representing the exhibition.
To everyone on this forum, let me introduce to you the North Texas Alternative Process Group (NTAPG). We ave been in existence for a little over two years. Our founding members are in alphabetical order: Amy Holmes George, Loli Kantor, Frank Lopez, Kathy Lovas, Brian Magnuson, Rachel Rushing, Susan Sponsler, and myself. It is such an honor to not only be be associated with those, yes, "super talented" colleagues, but with the many new artists joining our group all the time. We meet once a month, usually at a different studio location on a rotation of sorts. We embrace, celebrate, and promote alternative photographic processes. Our desire is to interact, evaluate work, pursue exhibition opportunities, share information, and continually raise the bar of quality in our imagery and vision. Any artist living in the Dallas, Texas area working with alternative processes is welcome to attend our sessions. Simply send a personal message to me at blackburnap at hotmail.com and I will place you on the email reminder list.
One note: Our group does not yet include conventional silver images in our scope.
Thank you again, Kim, for taking the time to write your most kind and gracious words. I do hope someday we can meet, indeed! I, too, echo the same comments as you concerning the many of folks coping with loss as a result of Sandy. They deserve our thoughts and prayers.
Peter J. Blackburn