[alt-photo] VDV

Ken Sinclair photo1 at telusplanet.net
Wed Oct 10 22:54:02 GMT 2012

HI All

Today, I experienced something that I have not 'met' before.

On mixing up a fresh solution for VDB printing, just as the last of the silver nitrate volume
was being (all so very slowly) into the 'mix' of FAC and Tartaric acid, I seemed to get a very light
green precipitate that has now slowly dropped to the bottom of my brown bottle.

I have NEVER seen this before. Could someone offer an explanation?

Do I have to 'start' all over again?… or will the light green precipitate re-dissolve with time?

TIA

Ken