[alt-photo] Re: printing on silk

Ken Sinclair photo1 at telusplanet.net
Wed Oct 24 18:31:45 GMT 2012

Kerik,

I have made numerous non-silver prints on cotton over the past 20 years.

It took some hunting to find a fine enough natural 'white' cotton that was suitable.
It was then hand-washed twice to remove any 'sizing'… well rinsed and allowed
to dry. Careful ironing to smooth out the material before it was cut to size
with 'pinking' shears.

Double coating before exposing produced some very nice quality images that
(since the material was cut 'oversize') allowed for a wrap-around mounting on
wooden stretchers for 'hanging' on the wall.

Ken