[alt-photo] Re: ANYONE? CYANO TONER WITH COPPER?

Jacques Kevers jacqueskv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 17:05:56 GMT 2012

Hi Bob,
Searching on the web for this I found the following. No references, and no
reports on practical experiments however -- which means no guarantee
whatsoever..
Original texts in french, translated
First text:

http://www.nougaret.com/textes/conversion-cyanotype.pdf

*Green cyanotype*
1% potassium permanganate ................. 5cc
Sodium chloride (salt) .............................. 0.5g
Water .......................................................... 1 liter

Second:

"If we want another color than the characteristic  cyanotype's blue, you
can immerse your sheet, in the following order, in:

1- diluted hydrochloric acid, for bleaching
2- diluted sodium bisulfite, to eliminate the yellow tint
3- 1 % sodium carbonate solution
4- 4 % sodium hydroxide Solution

5- Rinse

6- a diluted boric acid solution to which one of the following solutions is
added, depending on the expected color:
6a/Black: a little Gallic acid
6b/Brown: a little tannic acid
6c/Purplish: a little tannin of oak
6d/Green: a little very diluted sulphuric acid, or a little potassium
permanganate + a pinch of common salt.

7- Wash in 1% hydrochloric acid to enhance tones. "

Hope this helps..
Jacques