[alt-photo] Re: Chemical Development for Printing Out Processes

Francesco Fragomeni fdfragomeni at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 04:12:18 GMT 2012

Ryuji,

Thanks for the reply. So your thought is that the higher ph and potency of
a modern developer (unused) would cause fog in a POP emulsion. Interesting
and I hadn't considered that but it makes sense as a possibility.

By the way, I'm not particularly interested in recreating the results of
historic literature or figuring out what works best for the purpose, hence
the question about using modern developers with POP emulsions. Its a
mismatch intentionally. My interest is simply in seeing what the results
might be simply for the sake of curiosity.

Has anyone actually tried this who can confirm Ryuji's fog hypothesis? Or,
do any of you Albumen practitioners have an extra test strip and some
Amidol or other print developer sitting around that you can test with next
time you print? I'm still setting up my space otherwise I'd try it.

Thanks for contributing Ryuji and anyone else who chimes in.

-Francesco