[alt-photo] Re: Dichromated Gelatin Formula

etienne garbaux photographeur at nerdshack.com
Sun Sep 23 00:04:05 GMT 2012

Francesco wrote:

>Thanks but I'm wondering more along the lines of how much Potassium
>Dichromate to use for this particular process. I find the term dichromated
>gelatin used everywhere describing the Woodburytype process but no where
>gives a formula for making the dichromated gelatin and where they do, the
>Potassium Dichromate is left out.

You can download Woodbury's Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Photography
from the net.  The entry at "Woodburytype" contains detailed
instructions (including amount of gelatin solution per paper area)
and two dichromated gelatin formulas.  (See also the entry at "Stannotype.")

I seem to recall that one or more of the other old salts
(Wall?  Clerc?) also gave Woodburytype formulas, but do not recall
which one(s).

Best regards,

etienne