[Alt-photo] DAS

Kees Brandenburg workshops at polychrome.nl
Fri Apr 12 18:37:43 UTC 2013

I was wondering if there are people on the list who participated in the DAS group buy that was organized some time ago.
DAS is the acronym for 4,4'-Diazidostilbene-2,2'-disulfonic acid, disodium salt, tetrahydrate and is a non- or less toxic replacement for dichromates in carbon printing. I am using it for some years now and am quiet happy with it. Most handy is the non existing dark effect. Carbon tissue can be made presensitized. This speeds up printing a lot.

Recently I also tested it with casein and found out that it works extremely well!  I am looking forward hearing other people's experience with this powder!

Kees