[Alt-photo] Re: DAS

sanking at clemson.edu sanking at clemson.edu
Fri Apr 19 16:38:00 UTC 2013

Loris,

The Ultrastable pigment tissue was clearly much thinner than the regular
monochrome carbon tissue I made. As Charles noted, the #100 rod gives a
wet coat height of about .25 mm (250 microns), and this dried down to
about one mil, or 25 microns (0.025"). About a 10:1 ratio.

My tissue has a wet coat height of .09 mm and dries down to about .14 mm,
about a 6:1 ratio. I would normally expect an 8:1 - 10:1 ratio when taking
this measurement so the 6:1 ratio I gave is actually a bit off for me,
possibly because of slightly more solids in the mix.

But in Ultrastable you combine four reliefs to get the final image so the
final image should not be that different in actual thickness.

Sandy