[Alt-photo] Re: DAS

Jorj Bauer jorj at jorj.org
Sun Apr 28 15:29:21 UTC 2013

> I have bought my first 250 grams of DAS here in the Netherlands at about € 1,15  per gram. I also have imported it directly from China, which was somewhat adventurous but I got it at about € 0,40 per gram, shipping included. The group buy was a little cheaper than that, but it was a (now sold out) rest of an older batch Secant (secantchemicals.com) carried.This is the same source Tod Gangler uses as ingredient for his color carbon printing as far as I know.  It is unshure if there will be new batches at Secant in the future. Who manufactures it for Secant is unclear. That's why I tried the Chinese.

For those that might be interested, I just bought 250g from Kees' Chinese supplier. They will indeed ship to the US, at prices substantially better than TCI or Sigma-Aldridge (including shipping), with better pricing on larger quantities. $0.60/g. Payment involves either an international bank transfer or Western Union.

Beyond Industries (http://www.beyondindustriesgroup.com/). They don't seem to list DAS on their website anywhere that I can find, but don't be discouraged by that.

It won't be here for another two weeks or so, so maybe something will still go wrong...

-- Jorj