[Alt-photo] Re: Brushing gelatin on paper

Luciano Teghillo luciano at lucianoteghillo.com
Sun Dec 15 19:47:12 UTC 2013

Chris,

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I have sized only a small batch so I
will harden it as is and try. For the next round I will use only one coat.
My question is: how do you coat the gelatin? I dip a foam brush in the
gelatin, and put a fair amount on the paper, then I smooth it using
horizontal, vertical and diagonal strokes, charging the brush as needed.

The whole operation lasts just under or slightly more than a minute on an A4
sheet, and when I am done there is no gelatin dripping. Basically I use the
same technique used for coating the pigmented gum/dichromate but a lot more
relaxed :-)

Luciano