[Alt-photo] Re: Lomography Resurrects the 19th Century Petzval Lens for Canon and Nikon SLRs

Christina Anderson christinazanderson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 16:35:30 UTC 2013

Eric (and John)
Thanks for the link! I thought, when I first read the description and it said "$300 will buy you a bit of history" I thought, what a great idea, I'll sport for that. Then when you click on further, it says $499. Then further the lens is now  $599! So that is a bit steep for trying something out unless it is really good. So, John, I'm glad you say this, that it isn't really a Petzval. Makes the 100% increase seem not worth it. But if anyone buys it will you let us know if it is worth it?

Also, I noticed they got $1,000,000 already and production date for pre-orders is pushed to May or later. By my calculations, at even the $600 price that is making 1666 lenses. Can you IMAGINE??? No wonder production is pushed back.

Lenses are such a big deal. I have one lens that has its shortcomings but is really a gorgeous lens--the Nikkor AF micro 60/2.8. It makes such a difference when I use that lens. So I am a sucker for the allure of glass.

But still, Petzval...how intriguing an idea....I say as I dug out my Holga lens for my D800 to go out for a shoot...

WOOHOO for Christmas break.

Chris

Christina Z. Anderson
http://christinaZanderson.com/