[Alt-photo] Washi Film

eric nelson emanphoto at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 08:47:36 UTC 2013

"Washi Film is a black and white photographic film developed from
traditional paper, Washi. Made for centuries in Japan, this paper combines
just the right physical properties with a unique aesthetic: strong,
flexible and transparent, Washi is the ideal medium for creating a
hand-crafted photographic film.

Easy to handle and develop, Washi Film is available in conventional
photographic formats: 120, 620, 127 and 4x5. It is processed in normal
black and white paper developer, and the negative can then either be
scanned or printed using an enlarger.

Washi Film is orthochromatic: sensitive to the blue end of the spectrum
while being relatively insensitive to the red. This means that Washi Film
can be handled under a red safelight (> 545nm).

Although we take great care in the manufacture of Washi Film, the process
we use introduces a certain amount of natural variation into each roll or
sheet. This contributes to the films unique aesthetic. If you are unhappy
with the film for any reason please get in touch and we will do our best to
help.
"
http://lomig.fr/about/index-en.html