[alt-photo] Gelatin

Jacques Kevers jacqueskv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 09:10:50 GMT 2013

Hi,
I'm considering the purchase of gelatin - photographic grade (250+ bloom)
used for oil printing mainly.
I got a quote for 2 quite similar types: physical and chemical ripening.
The physical has a slightly higher bloom grade, the chemical ripening type
contains significantly more calcium (4500mg/kg instead of 100).
Any idea about the importance this could have when used with other
processes?
Thanks in advance, and best regards from Belgium
Jacques - waiting for Christina's book :-)